Stay-Fixt Contact 17 Sprayable Contact Adhesive / Impact Adhesive ? 17kg Canister
StaFixt Contact-17 is one of the first products from the new generation of synthetic rubber/resin adhesives. Its high solids/low solvent formula produces a quicker, stronger, more aggressive bonding system which out performs all conventional adhesives.
Contact-17 is supplied in either a disposable 17kg Canister or a re-fillable 85kg Container, which is linked through either a 3.5 metre or a 5.5 metre hose to a spray gun. This provides an easy to use, self-contained time saving spraying system.
Contact-17 bonds many materials such as decorative laminates, foam, felt, fabrics, carpets and carpet tiles, cardboard, rubber, polythene, sheet vinyl and most plastics to themselves and a wide variety of substrates including wood, particle board, MDF, metal, concrete, brickwork, stone, slate, glass etc; making it ideal for use in contract flooring, exhibitions, carpet laying, furniture manufacture, re-upholstering, laminating, veneering, shop fitting, joinery etc. It has a high temperature resistance up to 110?C, which makes it suitable for applications within coach building, vehicle, boat and caravan fitting and refurbishment, or for wherever a high temperature bond is required. Note: Contact-17 is not suitable for heavily plasticised PVC.
Method of Use:
Contact-17 forms its bond by sticking to itself, therefore sufficient adhesive must be present on both surfaces. Before fabrication, all materials to be bonded should be conditioned at room temperature and the surface to be bonded must be clean, dry and contaminant free. From approximately 25cm (10 inches) spray one surface horizontally and the other vertically each to a minimum coverage of 80%. Allow the adhesive to become ?touch dry?, it is ready to bond when there is no transference of the adhesive to the finger. Bring the surfaces together and press firmly together from the centre working outwards to achieve a good contact and exclude any air bubbles. The Contact Adhesive dries in approximately 2 minutes under normal temperature and humidity. High humidity and low temperatures will slow the drying time. Never bring the two surfaces together prematurely, as solvent will be trapped causing air bubbles over time. Excess adhesive may be removed with Solvent Cleaner. An evaluation of the adhesive should be carried out in application conditions before commercial use is undertaken, this should also include reference to ageing. Connecting Hose and Gun. Connect the spray gun to the hose ensuring that the locking nut on the gun is closed, then connect the other end of the hose to the canister and ensure all the connections are tight. Open the valve on the canister, which allows the adhesive into the hose and gun and then open the locking nut on the gun to commence spraying. Note: Always leave the locking nut on the canister in the open position and use the locking nut on the gun to turn off. The valve on the canister should remain open until the canister is empty, locking this valve before then will result in the adhesive drying in the hose and causing blockages.
Handling and Storage Considerations:
Whilst handling the adhesive, we advise to avoid spillage, to keep away from heat, sparks and open flames and to use the adhesive in well ventilated areas. For best results the adhesive should be used at temperatures between 15?C – 25?C. Contact-17 needs to be stored in temperatures between 10?C – 20?C, in dry, well ventilated areas and must not be exposed to direct sunlight or temperatures above 50?C.
The canister must be disposed of safely, in accordance with local authority requirements. The empty canisters must not be burned because of explosion hazard. To render the Canister un-pressurised, after it has been fully emptied, leave the gun and hose connected with the gun in the ?open? position. Then simply knock out the bung-hole in the top of the canister with a non-sparking tool.
– Portable. No need for a compressor or other expensive equipment. Clean: Every application is a lean, fresh application. Easy to Use: Simply spray the adhesive onto the surfaces to be bonded, Wait a short while and then bring them together.
– Non Flammable Adhesive – The only flammable component is the propellant. Once that has evaporated, a totally non-flammable bond is achieved.
– Water Resistance – When fully cured, Contact-17 forms a water resistant bond which makes it ideal for bathroom and kitchen worktop manufacture, along with many marine applications.
– Heat Resistance – Ideal for applications where heat tolerance is a necessity. Tested to over 110 ?C, Contact-17 will not delaminate in high temperature situations.
– Health and Safety: It does not contain potentially environment or ozone damaging materials such as CFCs.
– Shelf Life – This product can be stored for 12 months when kept in the original unopened canister.
– Alternatives – This product is also available in 500ml aerosol, see Contact Adhesive and in Non-Chlorinated form, see Contact Non-Chlorinated.
– Coverage: 200 – 300 M? per 17kg Unit
– Temp. Range: 5 – 110 ?C
– Tack Time: 1 – 2 Minutes
– Tack Life: At Least 20 Minutes
This adhesive requires a gun and hose for use which are sold separately. Please use the search facility on our site to find:
– AFTHOSE: StaFixt Contact Spray System – Hose
– AFT1: StaFixt Contact Spray System – Gun
There are no reviews yet.