Skywalk Gold – Luxury High Quality 9mm PU Foam Underlay
SkyWalk Gold is an ultra high density (145 kg metre cu) high quality underlay suitable for both luxury domestic and contract use. It has a luxurious feel underfoot and is hardwearing and suited for use in high traffic areas.
Skywalk Gold is an 9mm thick PU sponge carpet underlay from one of the worlds leading PU manufacturers and very similar to Cloud 9 Cumulus from Ball & Young Ltd. The product features a specialised facing and backing laminate with reinforced netting. All Carpenter Underlays are manufactured using recycled PU foam and are all 100% recyclable! Skywalk Gold is a luxury use underlay, suitable for any area of the home where a high degree of comfort is required.
The high density polyurethane foam (classified to BS5808 Luxury Use) adds a really deep, plush, comfortable feeling to your carpet – it’ll certainly put a spring in your step! SkyWalks sheer density gives it outstanding impact sound insulation (40dB-44dB), so not only does it make your carpet feel softer and more luxurious, you’ll notice a real difference in noise levels too. Under pressure, this is an underlay that really performs retaining its ability to spring back much better than a typical sponge rubber product to help your carpet keep that just-fitted look.
The strong mesh backing adds extra stability so there’s no moving or stretching keeping your floor covering exactly where it should be. Excellent thermal insulation means this underlay both gives your carpet a soft feel and helps your room feel warmer. SkyWalks high density polyurethane foam is 100% recyclable, and so kinder to the environment in the long run.
Suitable For Use: Luxury domestic and heavy contract installations
– Thickness: 9mm
– TOG Rating: TOG 2.6
– R Value: 0.260 m2K/W
– U Value:3.846tW/m2K
– DB Rating (Sound Reduction rating): 40DB
– Roll size: 1.37mtr x 11 mtr = 15.07 square metres
– Density 145kg m3
– Suitable for double stick installations
– Guaranteed for the lifetime of the carpet
– Protects your carpet from premature wear
– Excellent heat and sound insulation (2.6 Tog / 40 dB)
– Ecofriendly, recycled and recyclable
– An environmentally responsible product made in the UK
– Permeable, may be laid over a wood block floor
– Suitable for stretch fit and double stick installations
– Doublestick Castor Wheel Chair Test : 25000 + Revolutions
Formerly sold as Carpenter Powerstep